Product of India



I Love pickles: dill, kosher, sour, bread & butter, farm style, you name it.
cornichons, pickled carrots, beets, green beans, asparagus= yummy.


The beautiful thing about pickles is that not only are they are so damn satisfying!  They are virtually FAT FREE! You and gorge yourself for hours before dinner and not goof up your calorie count! The best are crunchy and sour with a hint of dill and garlic and just a kiss of pepper spice.
I've made my own 'fridgerator' style and local deli's have homemade in gigantic jars, but I still crave a classic like Vlasic's.


My current jar chilling in the fridge is Farman's Home Style Baby dills. You know, the little pickle king  on the label and the yellow juice? Been around forever "Since 1944" cafeteria school days!


So, I'm a munchin and crunchin away, and I start reading the jar.  And my jaw froze.
guess where this Northwest Brand homestyle classic is made? 
India.


Unbelievably disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment