Recipe Exchange

Seasons Greeting People!

I recently became part of an email recipe chain. Generally I deposit any suspected goofiness into the trash, even from friends.
I decided out of curiosity since a restaurant owner started it and all the participants I could see were definitely 'foodies'.
But in this case, I am experimenting. It is the season of 'sharing' after all...
My first response came today:

Roasted Olives with Almonds and Lemon Rind
"Rinse and drain a cup or so of olives with pits, (I like to mix Kalamata and some type of green olive). 
Toss them in a bowl with some blanched almonds (whole or sliced, those Marcona Almonds are the best), enough olive oil to coat it all, little bit of red chili flakes and strips of lemon rind. I like lots of lemon rind because it is so delicious roasted. 
Once these ingredients are all tossed together transfer to a baking dish, it is best if the dish base is big enough so that the olives are not stacked on top of each other. 
Bake for about 10 minutes at about 400 degrees. They are a delicious appetizer."

-Dana C.
danacadesign/Metal Crafting Center


Thanks Dana!

No comments:

Post a Comment